Hints and tips about copywriting, marketing, social media and networking
This blog comprises links to guest articles I've written, mixed in with highlights from my 'Writing Without Waffle' newsletter, which also contains 'Wordy Humour', 'What the people say', 'Links you'll love' and 'On a personal note'.
To subscribe to my newsletter, please visit comms-plus.co.uk (you'll also find loads more free resources there).
Jackie Barrie, copywriter, trainer, speaker and author
- How to make your newsletter work for you
- How to build a WordPress website
- How to get on page 1 of Google, free
- A to Z of copywriting
- What Michael Bublé can teach us about public speaking
- Newsletter copywriting tips
- Introducing masterminding
- Web design tips
- Tips for Facebook marketing
- Making your Facebook Page work harder for you
- Why the car you drive is so important
- How to make your Facebook Page work for you
- Cinderella: A Twitter love story
- Time to bulk up?
- Be specific. Yes, you.
- Why I had to tell my client his website was sh*t
- Tech trends for business
- Writing your own home page
- Interview with Ben Locker
- Secrets of effective communication (part 2)
- Secrets of effective communication (part 1)
- New year, new website?
- Facebook: The 12 status updates of Christmas
- A Twitter Nativity
- How to write a compelling case study
- Interview with Tom Albrighton
- Web design tips (part 2)
- 5 bits of copy that went viral and exploded sales
- How to write product copy that shifts oodles of stock
- What’s the point?
- Where were all the web designers?
- Networking no-no
- Red letter day
- How *not* to write a sales letter
- National Poetry Day competition winners
- The truth about the EU cookie law
- Blogging: How to write news
- Interview with Isabel Moritz
- How to write without waffle
- Best (and worst) ads I’ve seen in a while
- “Oi!” “Hiya.” “Good morning.” Why and how to vary your tone of voice.
- 10 tests for effective copywriting
- The new wave of websites
- PR: Is it really “rubbish”?
- Basics of punctuation: The evolution of the hyphen
- Remember how you were taught to write at school? It’s time to unlearn it.
- “Hooray for Hashtags!”
- If you want to know why calls to action work, READ THIS NOW!
- Are speling and grammer still important?